Our CBD organic extra virgin olive oil is super easy use and dose – there are 15mg CBD in each tablespoon. Drizzle this onto anything – from your breakfast oatmeal to salads and sauces. Or use in any of your baking. Our favorite way to enjoy it is to simply sprinkle it on salad!
Are you new to taking CBD?
What’s the best method to take CBD?
You’ve basically got three choices on how to take CBD:
- You can take it orally through CBD oil tinctures, CBD organic extra virgin olive oil, or through CBD capsules or pills. Remember that it’s most effectively taken as a tincture under your tongue – because it will absorb directly into your bloodstream as opposed to having to digest through your gut.
- You can apply our 500mg organic CBD oil Relieve Salve topically for quick pain relief (for arthritis for example) or for skin conditions. We also carry a 1000mg organic CBD oil Relieve Salve maximum strength.
- You can also purchase CBD vape products if you’re comfortable using that method. This is perhaps the fastest acting method for CBD relief.
Bonus Tip: Many people will take a CBD topical along with an ingestible. For instance, we have customers who directly rub the CBD tincture into their temples and/or on the back of their necks as they feel migraines coming on. They will also take the CBD tincture or pill orally for longer term relief through the night.
How much CBD oil should I take?
Although we don’t feel it’s our place to recommend specific dosages for CBD oil, here are 3 CBD dosage tips:
- Start small: When beginning CBD treatment, it’s best to start with a small dose – for an average sized person, maybe 25-50mg CBD per dose. Our CBD organic extra virgin olive oil offers about 15mg per tablespoon. Remember that everyone reacts differently to various supplements. As with any new supplement, it is important to become familiar with how your body responds to CBD before increasing the dose.
- Calculate Absorption: If you elect to swallow CBD, either as a pile/capsule or as a CBD tincture or in CBD organic extra virgin olive oil the absorption rate is only about 20%. So if the CBD tincture measures out at 100mg, you’re actually only getting 20mg into your bloodstream. The most effective way to get the most bang-for-your-buck is to put the tincture under your tongue. It will absorb sublingualy into your blood stream. You’ll get closer to 75% absorption if you do it this way.
- Talk to your doctor: Many health professionals are familiar with CBD tincture benefits, so ask your doctor about using CBD for pain management. Furthermore, as with all medications, discontinue use if you experience unpleasant or adverse effects.
Learn more about using CBD Oil for Pain
If you’re new to using CBD oil for pain, read our resident expert, Dr. Parks’, article CBD for Pain Management. He explains the benefits of using organic CBD oil how quickly it is replacing opioids as a choice for pain relief.